About the Society
The city had a thriving group of Lebanese who had emigrated. The meetings between “countrymen” gave rise to the need to group together, in order to strengthen mutual aid. In 1928, the Lebanese residents of Rosario formed a Directive Commission that channeled the efforts of the group to achieve noble objectives in pursuit of contributing to the well-being of the new environment and allow insertion into society to be possible.The purpose of the institution was “to maintain the union and mutual aid of its associates, as well as to try to strengthen more and more, the desires, enthusiasms and aspirations of the community Lebanese”. In 1960 they managed to acquire the property that it currently occupies at number 1075 on Calle Italia. This consolidation process indicates the constant and tireless work of three generations of Lebanese and their descendants, who in their 90 years of existence, have laid the foundations for an institution that today serves as the basis for the development of numerous activities.